Are you planning great things for your organization this summer? That's wonderful. Let's be sure the basic underpinnings of your operations are in good shape.
Major Pitfalls for Nonprofits
Thursday, June 21 | 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | Webinar
This Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations webinar will provide a high-level overview of some of the major areas that nonprofits can be proactive in addressing to reduce the risk of something bad occurring. We will cover places where oversight is needed to avoid governmental investigations or private litigation. We will review practices to ensure that you are able to resolve the issues quickly and favorably should anything challenging happen. We want you to focus on pursuing your mission and not dealing with distractions.
Specific topics will include:
• Governance structure
• Lobbying and electioneering
• Charitable solicitation registration
• Tax reporting
• Compensation and excess benefits transactions
• Unrelated business income tax (UBIT)
• Gift acceptance, acknowledgments, and Quid Pro Quo
• Understanding endowments
• Working with volunteers
• Distinguishing independent contractors and employees