RSVP is seeking a part-time person to coordinate operations and activities for the Community Links Program. Develop and maintain strong relationships with volunteers and partner agencies in Montgomery, Delaware and Chester counties.
* Obtain detailed information about volunteer assignments in partner agencies and produce a ‘Help Wanted’ list quarterly.
* Provide volunteers with relevant information about partner agency assignments and refer suitable volunteers to partner agencies.
* Provide support and advice to volunteers to help them transition into their assignments.
* Communicate with volunteers on a regular basis to ensure there’s ongoing assignment satisfaction and, if necessary, obtain volunteer service hours reports.
* Work with partner agencies to ensure operational compliance. This includes reporting volunteer service hours, updating Memorandum of Understanding agreements, circulating volunteer safety checklists.
* Acknowledge Program Sponsorship, per the Corporate Sponsorship Program
* Work with PR Manager to promote the program and recruit volunteers.
* Nominate volunteers for service awards and provide supporting documentation.
* Prepare monthly reports for the ED and complete progress reports, as required.
* Update volunteer and partner agency records in Volunteer Reporter
* Attend outreach activities, including Volunteer Information Sessions and expos, to provide details about volunteer opportunities and recruit new volunteers. Make presentations to groups.
* Occasionally attend meetings and events in the tri-county area.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in an office work environment
* Ability to develop effective working relationships with multiple partner agencies
* Experience of organizing own workload and producing work to deadlines.
* Intermediate level skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (in person, on the telephone and in writing)
* Ability to multi-task effectively and use initiative, as required
* Personal experience of volunteerism
* Willingness and ability to travel throughout the tri-county area.
* Experience of working with nonprofit agencies desirable
* Successful applicant must be able to secure all necessary clearances, as a condition of hire.
To apply, email cover letter and resume.