The Forum of Executive Women, one of the region’s most influential women’s leadership organizations, is seeking nominations for its 2020 Forum Ally. The winning nonprofit organization will benefit from two years of pro bono mentorship and support from Philadelphia’s top women business leaders.
The Forum Ally program began in 2014 as a way for Forum members to give back and support the unmet needs of girls and women in the region, according to Lisa Detwiler, President of The Forum of Executive Women Board of Directors and Senior Vice President, General Counsel of FS investment Solutions, LLC. “It goes hand-in-hand with our mission to increase the number of women in leadership roles, expand their impact and influence, and position them to drive positive change in the region,” she says.
The 2018-2020 Forum Ally is Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, whose mission is to inspire all girls to be strong, smart and bold. “During our two years as The Forum Ally, the women of The Forum brought considerable experience and generosity in sharing their knowledge and time with our organization by participating in many events with our girls, including our Ambassador High School Leadership program, business issues events, and a one-week career camp,” says Dena Herrin, Executive Director, Girls Inc. of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey. “Thank you to The Forum for your partnership these past two years and for what we know will be an ongoing relationship with your members!”
Previous Ally recipients include financial literacy nonprofit Clarifi and Girls On the Run Philadelphia, which offers girls in third through eighth grades from Philadelphia County the opportunity to meet twice weekly after school to learn life skills through engaging lessons that celebrate the joy of movement—including running.
Members of The Forum of Executive Women work with The Forum Ally to build a mutually beneficial two-year relationship that includes support and mentoring, according to Joanne Ryder and Nicole Galli, Co-Chairs of The Forum Ally Selection Committee.
The Ally organization will receive:
• Visibility among The Forum of Executive Women’s membership of 450 top female leaders from across the Philadelphia region.
• Participation by a Forum Ally staff member in The Forum of Executive Women’s Mentoring Program.
• At least 10 hours of pro bono consulting services in a developmental area that benefits the Forum Ally.
To be eligible, the organization must:
• Be an active nonprofit and Section 501(c)(3) organization in existence for a minimum of four years.
• Have a paid Executive Director (or equivalent) who does not currently serve as a member of The Forum of Executive Women’s Board of Directors.
• Provide programming or services that target unmet needs of girls or women in the region
• Be headquartered in and serve residents of the counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Camden or Burlington.
• Have an annual operating budget above $300,000 and be in possession of at least two full years (24 months) of independently prepared, audited or reviewed financial statements.
Applications may be submitted via email by April 3, 2020. A committee of Forum members will review candidates and the announcement of the new Forum Ally will be made in June. Questions may be directed to here or The Forum Office at 215-628-9944.
About The Forum of Executive Women
Founded in 1977, The Forum of Executive Women is the region's premier women's organization, actively working to increase the number of women in leadership roles, expand their impact and influence, and position them to drive positive change in the Greater Philadelphia region.