Compass grants pro bono consulting services to nonprofits benefiting the Greater Philadelphia community. Compass is now accepting applications from nonprofits to receive approximately $150,000 of strategic consulting services – free of charge.
Compass’ Classic Projects are in-depth strategy projects that help nonprofits make decisions about opportunities, challenges, or changes – and ultimately, aim to make them more sustainable, stronger, and more able to deliver on their mission. Classic Projects kick-off in mid-September 2020 and will finish in late May 2021.
CLIENT APPLICATION INFORMATION
The client application can be found here: Compass Classic Client Application
Applicants will select one of the following Service Lines for their project:
- *NEW* Decision Support. In the face of COVID-19, these projects provide flexible consulting to nonprofit leaders. Receive guidance as you plan for recovery and rebuilding.
- Board Development. Improve board effectiveness and engagement to sustain a high-performing board. Compass helps build a foundation for governance, recruitment, training, committee structures, and meeting practice.
- Funding Strategy. Broaden or deepen your sources of revenue and work toward long-term sustainability through effective fundraising. Receive recommendations on untapped sources for funding, screen out less promising sources, improve communication, or evaluate earned income ventures.
- Partnerships, Collaborations and Mergers. If you’re interested in working with other nonprofits, we can assess the value and implications of strategic partnerships, collaborations, and mergers.
- Strategic Alignment. Articulate your strategic goals so the entire organization is aligned. We can examine your mission, vision, programs, targeted beneficiaries, desired changes, strategic objectives, supporting activities, and alignment of financial/staff resources and strategic priorities.
- Strategic Marketing. Identify and evaluate opportunities for expanding your services in existing and new markets. This project can create a positioning statement and a strategy around new opportunities.
Full Service Line descriptions can be found here.
Nonprofit Eligibility Requirements:
- Registered IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- Local mission – nonprofit work benefits Greater Philadelphia in the following counties: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, Bucks, and/or Camden.
- Mission does not promote specific religious beliefs or political party/movement.
- Minimum annual operating budget of $500,000.
- Active Board of Directors.
Interested in Applying?
We advise you to set up time to discuss project ideas and/or your organizational priorities with us, to provide input and simplify the application process for you.
With interest and questions, please contact Beth Dahle, Executive Director.
The application is now open through July 24, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage you to submit early.