Life-cycle management of housing and community development projects funded by multiple federal, state and local grants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with and reports to the Program Manager, Community Development to recommend and review community development needs, develop strategic and tactical goals and plans, report activities and outcomes, develop funding proposals and applications, and communicates frequently with all partners and County leadership on project and program progress and results
- Responsible for all elements of project financing and funding, reviews development-related payment requests, budgets and accounting reports, requests for proposals, and contracts.Monitors project funds; conducts on-site project monitoring, forecasts cash flows; oversees department audit process for select projects and functions, maintains project related databases, and generates all necessary reports. Focus is on Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program and Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), though not limited to these two programs.
- Maintains technical competency relative to HUD and Commonwealth of PA programs and guidelines, project financing, County financial practices, and federal, state, and local legal requirements.Interprets and communicates relevant applicable knowledge for community partners via tutorials, guidelines, and conferences.
- Evaluates all community proposals and applications for funding use to determine relevance to County strategic plans, feasibility, compliance with funding stream requirement, and community impact.Functions as technical resource for project partners for problem solving and project management leadership as needed
- Works to measurably support all Housing and Community Development work related to County Economic Development initiatives, County Planning Commission and Housing Continuum of Care.Initiates and evaluates new development opportunities relative to these areas for the purpose of achieving optimal community impact
- Process contracts funded under Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME), Housing Trust Fund (HTF), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), Pennsylvania Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement Fund (PHARE), HUD Continuum of Care, and other funding sources
- Facilitate the application process for a designated funding source (HOME, HTF, ESG, CoC PHARE, CDBG etc…) from the community.Prepare the application, provide training to community on eligible uses of a given funding source, and coordinate across departments to ensure strategic alignment
- Create and maintain program manuals for funding sources, as required by federal regulations. Manuals include guidance related to regulations as well as updated information on local implementation of funded initiatives in accordance with County strategic planning. Implement monitoring procedures to ensure program manuals are adhered to by subrecipients.
- Prepare project reviews (e.g., historic, subsidy layering, underwriting) including the gathering and assembling of information and any administrative duties associated with processing of reviews
- May process project payment requests and maintain appropriate financial records and databases for the housing and community development related projects
- May provide departmental administrative support including but not limited to payroll, purchasing, vendor payments, office equipment, monthly budget analysis reports, annual budget planning and other financial functions
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Director or Program Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Planning, or equivalent experience.Master’s Degree is preferred.Five years’ experience in related or similar work is required including extensive management of HUD and PA Department of Community and Economic Development projects with outcomes, community leadership and relationship building.Includes project technical support experience.
Ability to understand complex federal regulations and translate them into written and oral communication for others; possess excellent writing, analytical skills, systems thinking, problem-solving skills, negotiation skills, speaking, and computer skills.