First Up partnered with the Family Child Care Advisory Council and the Family Child Care Coalition to present these two conferences -open to ANY early childhood professional looking to enhance their practice or connect with like-minded professionals. It will be a time of inspiration, reflection and learning for early childhood education professionals, with an emphasis on home-based providers.
On September 26, we will begin our day honoring the Trailblazers of Family Child Care (Family and group providers that have been in this field for 20+ years) and hearing their words of wisdom and advice in an interactive panel discussion. Afterwards participants will move into breakout sessions on the following topics:
- Linking Literacy in the Early Years
- Helping Children with Anxiety and Stress
- Supporting Dual Language Learners (presented in Spanish),
- Making Math Plus Reading Equal Fun
- Baby Dolls and Bias
On October 3, the event is centered around personal empowerment for ECE providers. Our keynote address will be by Dr. Veirdre Jackson of Living Strong Consulting and we'll move into our breakout sessions following her address. Those breakout sessions include:
- Black Books Matter
- Did You Say What They Think They Heard? (Professional Communication Strategies)
- Ethics in Early Education (presented in Spanish)
- The Basics of Personal Finance
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness for Teachers, Parents, and Kids
Registration for each event is only $15 for home-based providers (please use the code FIRSTUPFCC to get the discounted rate). You will need to register for each date separately with the code.
We look forward to seeing you soon!