Drexel University's Lindy Center for Civic Engagement is interested in adding some new volunteer opportunities for students enrolled in Drexel’s CIVC 101 (Introduction to Civic Engagement) class in the winter term. This is a class that all students are required to take—in addition to weekly curriculum teaching students the definition of civic engagement and how to practice it in their own lives, students are required to volunteer 3 times with a community organization. For this coming winter term, students will be able to serve starting January 19th until March 16th.
We are especially looking for volunteer opportunities that meet the following criteria:
• Between 2 and 3 hours long
• Consistent throughout the service period—at the same location, times, days of the week, etc.
• Within the city of Philadelphia that can be accessed by Septa bus, trolley, and/or subway (we do not reimburse students for other forms of transportation including Regional Rail)
• Do not require students to get clearances (aka opportunities where students will not be working with youth under 18)
• Can be done with minimal training
If your organization is looking for volunteers and fits most or all of the listed preferences, please reach out to the CIVC 101 program coordinator, Cara Scharf, to discuss the possibility of having CIVC 101 students work with you in the winter term before November 30. Cara can be reached by email or at 215-895-0582.
Be sure to check out all of our partnership opportunities here.