City Year Philadelphia is seeking an Individual Giving Manager (IGM) who is responsible for supporting the overall efforts of the Individual Giving team. The IGM partners with Site Leadership and the Development team to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors and family foundations. The IGM’s focus will be on engaging individual donors under $10,000 through campaigns, donor communications, and developing and executing cultivation and stewardship events and activities. The IGM will also provide staff leadership to the Associate Board of young professionals. Specific focus will be on building an individual donor base to raise increased resources, and ultimately, serve more students in Philadelphia.
What You’ll Do:
• Oversee all mailed and online appeals, including content creation, list personalization and segmentation, vendor collaboration, and results analysis.
• Build and execute campaigns including #GivingTuesday, and year end giving opportunities, to engage new individuals and renew outstanding gifts.
• Develop stewardship and engagement plans for individual donor segments that ensure consistent and tailored communication, convey impact, and advance toward renewals and upgrades.
• Create and develop effective communication and engagement materials/tools based on City Year’s mission and vision, in coordination with the Communications & Marketing team.
• Ensure site-wide implementation of City Year messaging with a focus on asset-framed storytelling and systemic inequities.
• Build relationships with new, current, and lapsed individual donors (<$10,000) to renew their commitment to City Year Philadelphia.
• Lead efforts of the Associate Board and provide leadership around all meetings, campaigns, and activities.
• Manage the Young Friends of CYP, a volunteer group of young professionals who advance the mission of City Year through annual donations and event support.
• Collaborate with the Senior Events Manager to execute on all young professional events and initiatives.
• Document and maintain clear and timely records and call reports to track contacts, donor giving, notes, and assist in the maintenance of an accurate database.
• Analyze CYP’s current individual giving portfolio and identify opportunities for upsells as well as new donor entry points.
• Build out full individual giving strategy in collaboration with the Senior Individual Giving Director.
• Support the efforts of volunteer committees to identify and solicit prospects, with a specific focus on the annual dinner and specialty market events.
• Build strategies to connect with and expand our relationship with event attendees and volunteers.
Cultivation and Stewardship Activities
• Work with the Development staff and key volunteers to develop, execute and evaluate strategies to engage individual donors through outreach, education, invitations to special events, and personal contacts.
• Leverage City Year events, such as the annual dinner, specialty-market events, champions’ receptions, service days, and other select gatherings, to raise awareness and to secure financial resources for our work.
• Recommend new engagement opportunities and implement stewardship best practices including thank you cards, gifting, and additional recognition components.
Organizational Initiatives & Site Support
• Engage in structured discussions and trainings on diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity aimed at developing stronger cultural competency, both individually and collectively as a site
• Work closely with fellow Development team members to understand priorities and business goals, and develop strategies to meet the organization’s needs.
• Work collaboratively with other site departments, other City Year sites, and City Year headquarters on a frequent basis.
• Support and attend all major site events, including fundraisers, service days, trainings, and other activities and initiatives.
• Partner with City Year Philadelphia’s departments and staff to ensure that site-wide goals are met, including, but not limited to, the AmeriCorps member applicant interview process, stakeholder engagement, event and service day participation, and cross-departmental committees.
• Attend internal and external engagement and training activities throughout the year.
What You’ll Bring
• Minimum 2 years of experience in fundraising, donor relations, and/or communications, with proven ability to deliver strong, measurable results
• Excellent written, oral, and organizational skills; high level of attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Outstanding ability to communicate with diverse audiences
• Efficient time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
• Willingness to occasionally work irregular hours, such as early mornings, evenings and weekends
• Ability to adapt and excel in diverse, high energy, entrepreneurial, and rapidly changing environment
• Attitude essentials: growth mindset, passion for City Year’s mission of education equity, detail-oriented, resilience, committed to teamwork
Compensation and Benefits
The anticipated start date range for this position is September 2021. Salary range for this position is in the low $50,000s. City Year offers generous time off to all staff members, along with a competitive benefits package.