Furnished for Good is Pathways to Housing PA's signature fundraising event. Chosen artists will take inspiration from the Philadelphia Furniture Bank (PFB) and turn it into a work of art, and the pieces will be auctioned at Furnished for Good in Spring 2022 to help raise funds for operations at PFB.
We are looking for artists who want to choose a piece of furniture to refinish, AND artists who want to create an original piece inspired by PFB.
We're putting out this open call to artists who are interested, and our guest curators Damon Reaves and Lawren Alice will choose 15-20 artists to participate that show a diverse range of mediums and styles. Artists of all experience levels are invited to respond! Photos of last year's chairs, and the event itself, can be found here.
Each artist will receive a $200 stipend to cover the cost of supplies, as well complimentary registration for the event and recognition/promotion via social media and local press outlets.
The timeline for the project is as follows:
- The call for artists will close on September 30, 2021
- Artists will be notified of their status no later than October 30, 2021
- Selected artists will visit the Philadelphia Furniture Bank to get inspired, and if applicable, choose their furniture, at one of two pre-scheduled, mandatory events (Dates TBA)
- Completed chairs and art are due by March 1, 2022
- Each work of art will be promoted leading up to Furnished for good in Spring 2022