Chester County offers to replace SNAP supplies lost in hurricane

Recipients of SNAP benefits (food stamps) that lost food during a power outage, fire, or flood, including Hurricane Ida, may qualify for replacement benefits from the Chester County Assistance Office.

To get replacement SNAP:

  • Contact the Chester County Assistance Office at 610-466-1000 within ten days of when the food spoiled.
  • Put your request in writing and get a receipt.
  • Complete the form located below indicating the amount of food that was lost.

Recipients may obtain replacement SNAP benefits for the amount of food that is lost, up to one month’s benefits.

Click to Access Application Form