Feast of Justice is seeking to hire a motivated, organized, and outgoing individual to fill the position of Volunteer and Staff Manager.
Feast of Justice is a charitable, faith-based non-profit organization whose mission is addressing hunger, meeting needs, and inspiring hope as we work toward abundant justice in Northeast Philadelphia and beyond. We currently serve 1800 households in our community and have a large team of staff, although most are volunteers.
The Volunteer and Staff Manager will help us to oversee the work of all staff, with the primary focus being on the backbone of our organization: our volunteers. The Volunteer and Staff Manager will organize and grow our programs by ensuring that all staff--paid and unpaid--are integrated into the duties needed for regular operation of the organization.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintains full staffing levels for all programs
2. Recruits and trains volunteers from community partners, local agencies, and the general population to be engaged in direct service and skills-based service
3. Works to create long-term and strategic goals around volunteer recruitment, retention, and commitment to service
4. Creates or updates volunteer policies, procedures, and educational materials
5. Collaborates to maintain strategic communications with volunteers
6. Works as part of the organizational team to understand and assist the staff in identifying volunteer opportunities
7. Maintains volunteer management platforms and provides timely reports
8. Coaches, counsels, evaluates, and supports the volunteer community
9. Oversees ongoing work as a certified Service Enterprise with the Points of Light Foundation
10. Provides backup support for the volunteer program as needed
● A four-year degree is preferred but may be substituted by significant relevant work experience
● Familiarity with volunteer recruitment and supervision
● A team player with the ability to also be self-directed
● Passion for diversity, and commitment to applying an equity lens to all we do
● Positive, enthusiastic attitude, with strong leadership qualities that communicate our vision and values
● Excellent interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent computer literacy, with knowledge of Google suite and the ability to navigate online platforms
● Strong organizational and time management skills
This is a full time position with a salary range of $36,000-$42,000 and is available immediately. The position has flexible hours, focusing primarily on regular weekday work, but also adjusts to include occasional weekend and evening hours.
Please send your resume or questions here.