Variety – the Children’s Charity of the Delaware Valley seeks a collaborative, highly detail-oriented Development Operations Coordinator.
This position is responsible for managing all data and activity in Salesforce, including but not limited to timely and accurate data entry, data reporting, gift processing, donation acknowledgements, data quality assurance, and maintenance of rules of engagement. This position is also responsible for coordinating with the accounting department to regularly reconcile financial records and for staffing events and special projects to be assigned by Director of Advancement (DoA) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Development Operations Manager works within SalesForce, utilizes MS Office / Excel, and employs other tools to capture and report on impact data. This position serves as the Administrator of Variety’s Salesforce database and is responsible for overall management and audit of the database. He/she will work closely ongoing with the Director of Advancement to ensure the design and architecture of the database is current and functional. This position also supports administrative tracking related to “at play” events and client demographics.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Development Operations Manager nurtures and maintains relationships with internal contacts with administrative and programmatic staff and external contacts with contract administrators, donors, and vendors, and thus must maintain a professional manner. This position holds access to sensitive Variety information and is expected to maintain confidentiality and discretion in keeping with Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethics and demonstrating and upholding professional standards and industry best practices.
• Responsible for timely and accurate gift processing; from recording of gift to producing donor acknowledgments and reconciliation with Finance.
• Serve as primary administrator of SalesForce CRM, Stripe, GiveLively and other tools used to process gifts; provide staff training on systems; stay current on software changes; negotiate pricing; prepare reports as required; ensures back up of system is working.
• Maintains Mailchimp accuracy, and ensures new contacts are added into Mailchimp and Salesforce.
• Conducts audit of data in Salesforce to ensure staff using appropriately, and updates procedures as needed.
• Collect data and RSVP for Variety ticket give-aways known as “at play” events
• Assist in the creation and distribution of correspondence and other communications, as requested
• Create and produce actionable reports and dashboard in SalesForce including board reports, progress on goals to date, weekly development dashboards, giving histories and other reports as needed.
• Wealth screening as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support development operations and comprehensive campaign.
• Oversees and coordinates annual appeal.
• Updates content on website.
• Prepares content for annual report, helping visualize impact.
• Supports events particularly through maintenance of GiveLively and preparation of ongoing reports regarding fundraising goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide excellent customer service, responding to donor inquiries on phone, email or by mail as needed, and logging actions in salesforce.
• Attend and staff Variety programs and events as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Attend relevant workshops or join professional groups as necessary to maintain professional knowledge and licensure (as applicable).
2. Facilitate and attend relevant staff meetings to promote communication and execution of goals.
3. Complete special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by Supervisor.
4. Participate in assigned events that may occur after regular business hours and weekends.
5. Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All Staff Competencies
• Adhere to Variety’s security guidelines and ensure appropriate handling of sensitive information.
• Basic understanding of Variety’s mission, values, programs and services, and strategic plan.
• Knowledge and understanding of the target community needs and demographics.
• Understanding of legal criteria for issues such as confidentiality, child abuse, and mandated reporter requirements.
• Ability to provide nonviolent intervention with a high level of ethical standards of conduct, cultural sensitivity and within appropriate boundaries and limits.
• Ability to effectively use standard office equipment.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
• Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, Excel, SalesForce. Previous CRM experience required.
• Adheres to all Variety and departmental policies and procedures.
• Attends all Variety in-services as required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: Experience in development required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with SalesForce or comparable system required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.